Leanne Mitten – Web Design & Development
I look forward to taking the skills I have learned at BCIT to build effective, functional, responsive web designs that meet client’s specific business/personal needs with clean coding and modern design.
Please get in touch to discuss my resume.
Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
References available upon request.
- Modern Web Design
- Responsive Design
- Accessible Design
- Adobe – Photoshop, xD, Premiere Pro, After Effects, Audition, Media Encoder, PDF
- Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Quick and adaptive learner
- Friendly with clients and co-workers
- Good communication and people skills
- Outgoing and energetic attitude
- Able to think and react quickly and appropriately in a variety of high-pressure situations
- Work well independently and in a team
APRIL 2019 – June 2020
Web Technologies II – Certificate / B.C.I.T.
APRIL 2018 – JUNE 2019
Web Technologies I – Associate Certificate / B.C.I.T.
Earned certificate With Distinction and an average grade of 92%. Completed 9 courses including: HTML5, CSS3, WordPress, BootStrap, Photoshop & Video editing.
SEPTEMBER 2005 – APRIL 2008
Associate of Arts: Criminology / Kwantlen University
Completed 19 courses including: youth criminal justice, psychological explanations of criminology, sociology, psychology, photography, English and methods of research.
APRIL 2019 – PRESENT
Mitten Creative Web Design / Self Employed
• Independent contractor for other small web design companies and individuals.
• Assisted with implementation of design and customization in WordPress websites.
• Quickly and effectively handled requests for updates/changes to websites.
APRIL 2018 – PRESENT
House Cleaning Services / Self Employed
• Built and maintained a client base of 20+ clients for a part-time natural cleaning business.
• Used social media effectively to market myself.
• Able to communicate effectively with current and potential clients.
• Maintained good relationships with clients and their families, often without seeing each other face to face.
• Ensured the clients’ needs, and wants, for their home are being met.
• I’ve learned that the little things can mean a lot to a client. Paying attention to the small and fine details.
JUNE 2008 – MARCH 2018
Customer Service Manager / Modus Retail Solutions
• Co-ordinate installation of Cart Anti-theft Protection Systems, Cart Push-out Theft Prevention Systems and Carttronics/Rocateq Systems with other trades and general contractors on job sites. Communicate with customers and the public.
• Develop site plans and determine best installation methods and materials based on customer needs, system ability, and site constraints. Handle bookkeeping of expenses and track hours.
• Train store staff and managers to use CAPS system.
• Systems administration
JUNE 2006 – APRIL 2008
Line Cook / The Boathouse
I was quickly trained to work in all areas of the kitchen and excelled at time management and quality control. I was also trained as kitchen manager for dinner services.
JULY 2004 – MAY 2006
Cashier & Supervisor / Nando’s Chicken
I was the supervisor for the front of house staff as well as coordinating the kitchen staff to ensure quality and timing. I took care of dividing tips to employees, building the employee schedule, counting stocks, closing the store and final daily cash counts.
Activities & Volunteering
I enjoy sports and outdoor activities. I played competitive level softball for 5 years and have been playing slo-pitch on multiple teams for the since 2008. I’m an avid snowboarder, hiker, and beach-comber.
I volunteer with the Chilliwack Animal Safe Haven twice a week where I open up the shelter for the evening shift and oversee other volunteers in completing their duties. I take care of feeding the cats, medications, general cleaning, closing down and locking the shelter for the night. I also volunteer with the SPCA (as well as other various rescues) to trap feral cats and kittens for the TNR (Trap Neuter Return) program. I coordinate with other volunteers to organize setting and checking of traps, transportation to and from the vet, and placement for adoptable cats/kittens.
I enjoy a variety of arts including painting, 3D art, photography, and interior design. Reading, computers and animals are also interests/hobbies of mine.
I am a very active and outgoing individual.